Sunday, September 7, 2014

Back to School!

Hey vintage lovers!  This is Cari from The Vintage Nursery giving this blog thing a try.  I thought I'd try my hand at posting some of the great vintage items that Vintage Kiddo Collective members are offering!

No September would be complete without a Back-to-School compilation.  I searched the VKC listings and found so many fabulous finds.  Let me share with you some of my favs:

Let's start with clothes.  You must have something plaid.  I'm pretty sure it is a school requirement.  If it isn't, it should be.

Check this out from 1SweetDreamVintage


And this darling dress from WonderlandToys

 And what about this cute skirt from bondplacevintage?

Here's one for the fellas from 3RingCircus

And isn't this jacket great? From SweetShopVintage


Next, let's talk school supplies.

You need something to carry your lunch.  

This lunchbox and thermos from AttysSproutVintage will do the job


Math happens.  You may need... 

this from TwoRedSuitcases

and

these from brookaloo


You're going to have to do homework at some point.  Why not do it in style?

This desk is the perfect place to study from PourToujours


For those little ones who are too young for school...

you can always play with this until you're ready! From toysofthepast


What was your favorite part of back-to-school (or least favorite)?  Share your stories and thoughts in the comment section below!







5 comments:

  1. As a child I always loved getting a new box of crisp unbroken crayons. As a teacher now I still love buying new school supplies. This is a fun collection. I love that wee desk in my favorite color! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the shopping for school supplies, and then couldn't wait to find out who my teacher was going to be!
    This looks great Cari, so many fab finds here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many cute things here for back to school shopping! I loved my lunch box best- there were lots of awesome ones around in the 70's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. School books were so much nicer when I was a kid. Now my kids work mostly with photocopies...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you think!