Monday, August 8, 2011

Ethnic Vintage: Embroidered Clothing

I love this style of clothing that has really become popular lately - it's beautiful, it's hand-embroidered, and it's always unique. It's ethnic vintage!

When looking at these garments, I always try to imagine someone stitching on the tiny details in different country. It's not always easy to determine what country these clothes were made in, as a lot of them don't have any tags at all. (At least in my experience!)

I've picked out these items from VKC members because they have a "south-of-the-border" look to them, and were probably made in Mexico or Guatemala!
(links are below photos)













































































































































What do you think? Do you like this style of clothing?

-Whitney

5 comments:

  1. so cute! yes, this is one of my favorite styles! i have a slight obsession for peasant blouses, i just love all the little embroideries and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember one of my first shirts I ever really LOVED (in about 7th grade) was this style. Boy, I wish I still had that...

    I have a little girls dress in this style that I haven't been able to part with yet.

    MUST.
    HAVE.
    LITTLE.
    GIRL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this style too! I wish I could find more latin american pieces for little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh you picked out the most adorable pieces!
    They are all wonderful!
    I wish my daughter was a toddler again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this style! It makes me want to throw a fiesta and have little kids come all dressed up!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you think!